Saturday, July 25, 2009

Peppered Pineapple Relish

Chef Rick Tramonto, owner of Chicago's Tru, recently published a book of lovely recipes for tiny appetizers. Called amuse bouche, French for "amuse the mouth", these tiny bites are presented at the very beginning of the meal, both in welcome, and to wake up the palate.

(You can find Amuse-Bouche: Little Bites That Delight Before the Meal Begins at Amazon!)

I was intrigued by the idea of a peppered pineapple relish - the sweet of the pineapple paired with the slow heat of mixed pepper? Oh, yes!

Ingredients:

1 fresh pineapple
1/4 cup coarsely ground pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar

Is that it? Ingredient-wise, sure.

First, you have to clean the pineapple!

4 comments:

  1. Hehehehe. Mark's toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems simple enough, but I don't know how to clean a pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, I want a pineapple corer. Where did you get one, O Kitchen Goddess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My aunt bought it for us for Christmas! I think you can get them at Williams-Sonoma, but I've also seen them at Kroger!

    ReplyDelete