Saturday, July 25, 2009

Intermezzo - Acai Sorbet with Pomegranate, Blueberry, and Raspberry

Acai seems to be all the rage right now, with claims of antioxidant power, rapid weight loss, and probably the ability to fly.

I don't know about any of that, but I DO know that Acai tastes FANTASTIC! And when combined with Pomegranate, Blueberry and Raspberry? It's out of this world.

I've known about Acai since long before Oprah started shilling for it. Maus is a Market Manager for The Vitamin Shoppe, a nearly national health supplement chain. They've carried Acai juice for just about forever, and often offer free samples to customers.

It's a little spendy - $10 for a quart! - but it's super tasty, and $10 is a small price to pay for a lovely palate cleanser.

Ingredients:

1 quart Acai juice blend




1 cup cold water
1 cup sugar

I use my handy dandy electric ice cream maker for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment