Saturday, July 25, 2009

A different sort of food


Let us turn our attention away from cooking for a moment to talk about a different kind of food.

Namely, liquor. A drinkie-poo. BOOZE!

After running around in the kitchen for twelve hours, my back is killing me. So I'm taking the edge off with a little something or other - a cocktail by the name of Black Widow. And is it ever tasty!

There are many versions of this cocktail, this is the one I like best:

4 - 5 ice cubes
2 shots dark rum
1 shot Southern Comfort
juice of half a lime
dash sugar syrup
lime slice, to garnish

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime.

This is meant for SIPPING, folks. If you knock this back like a shot of Tequila, you may find yourself flat on the floor! Moderation, darlings, moderation.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds REALLY tasty, and I love the name! I'll have to remember this! :D

    ReplyDelete