Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lamb Ravioli with Indian Flavors

My friend John thought to set a bug in my ear about Indian-Italian fusion a while ago. I rather like the idea of Italian textures and Indian flavors, so I thought to try an Indian inspired ravioli with a curry cream reduction.

The addition of coconut oil in the lamb cooking process gives the lamb a beautiful flavor and texture, and it makes the kitchen so fragrant, too!

Ingredients:

For the filling:

1 pound ground lamb
1 tbs. coconut oil
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg

For the Pasta:

1.5 semolina
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 egg
2 tbs. water

For the Cream Sauce:

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half and half
1 tsp. curry powder

It's not as fiddly as it looks!

3 comments:

  1. Oo, this sounds good! I once went to an Indian-French restaurant that absolutely blew my mind. Probably one of my most enjoyable dining experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura and I will have to try out some of these recipes. In fact, we're available tomorrow if you need a hand with the eatin'.

    I'll check back later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on over now! Can't guarantee anything will be left tomorrow, the neighborhood kids keep picking at it!

    ReplyDelete